National Children’s Week at A Plus Dental
Children’s Week is celebrated yearly in Australia during the fourth week in October (from 22-31).
As a contribution to Children’s Week, your Campbelltown dentist is sharing the fact that the learning process in children is quicker in the early years than any other stage of life and that forming healthy habits at a young age is vital to the child’s growth and overall wellbeing.
At A Plus Dental, we want to help children achieve good dental health!
How Parents Can Help Achieve a Healthy Mouth
The foundation for good dental health in children and teens is laid down in the first years of life.
While some adults think cavities in ‘temporary’ teeth are not a big problem, developing caries in temporary teeth further increases the risk of developing caries in permanent teeth.
It is essential to establish a proper oral hygiene routine early to help ensure the development of strong and healthy teeth.
Here is what you can do:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Campbelltown dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How A Plus Dental Can Help
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) helps eligible children achieve optimal oral health as it covers preventive and restorative dental services ranging from X-rays to root canal treatments.
CDBS benefits eligible children aged 2 to 17 years who receive Government Benefits. An eligible child will receive up to $1,052 worth of basic dental treatments over 2 calendar years.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Campbelltown
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,052 worth of dental treatments over two years
If you have any questions about this program, please feel free to contact us!
To know more about our National Children’s Week celebration at A Plus Dental, call us on (02) 4627 3833.
Visit us at Suite 3/300 Queen Street in Campbelltown.