Are you terrified of the dentist? If so, you’re not unusual.
If you have dental fear, you may avoid going to your dental appointment.
Whether your fear is extreme, or you have specific dental fears or a feeling of anxiety that makes dental visits difficult or impossible, help is at hand!
Common Dental Fears
People often think that dental fear is about being afraid of injections or the drill.
While you may have these fears, there are often other problems, including:
- being humiliated or told off
- not having control
- fear of not getting numb
- choking or gagging
- fear of allergic reactions
- fear of unnecessary treatment
- not being able to cope with the news of what needs to be done
Come see us at A Plus Dental for additional information and potential solutions!
Tips to Overcome Dental Fear Effectively
Whether you’re ready to face your fear or getting ready to gradually see the dentist, the following tips can help you stay relaxed during your appointment:
- See your dentist at a less busy time of day, such as the morning hours. There will be fewer people and fewer tools making noises that could trigger your anxiety.
- Bring noise-cancelling headphones or earbuds with music to help you relax.
- Ask a friend or loved one to come with you during your appointment.
- Practise deep breathing and other meditation techniques to calm your nerves.
It’s alright if you need a break at any point during your dental visit. It is also helpful to establish a “signal” with your dentist in advance, so they know when to stop.
You can either continue with your visit when you’re ready or return another day when you feel better.
Overcome Dental Fear with your Trusted Campbelltown Dentist
When it comes to dental fear and anxiety, your friendly Campbelltown dentist can help you deal with your concerns by giving the best solution you ever need.
Your dental care partners at A Plus Dental aim to offer you a comfortable and pain-free dental experience whenever you visit us.
At A Plus Dental, we believe in individuality, honesty, compassion, and care.
We give our patients from the Campbelltown area caring, relaxing treatments in a pleasant and comfortable environment.
$99 new patient deal which includes check-up, cleaning, fluoride treatment and 2x X-rays.
Call (02) 4627 3833 or visit us at Suite 3/300 Queen Street in Campbelltown.